I greet you in the matchless name Jesus Christ. As you know, COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has disproportionately affected African Americans at alarming rates. At Bright Star Church Chicago, we realize the importance of being able to attend the Home Going Celebration of loved ones how have passed away. Our hope is to make our facility and online capability available to families in this extremely challenging time. Giving back to our community is what Bright Star is known for, and this is another way for us to do that even more.
Below are a few very important things for you and your family to know and abide by:
- Up to ten people can come into the building
- Unfortunately people cannot rotate nor congregate outside
- The specific names of the family members must be given ahead of time to the funeral director
There will be no exceptions to the above rules that the City of Chicago and State of Illinois mandate requires Bright Star to follow.
- Out of respect, please do not post the service on social media. Our goal is to prevent people unfamiliar with the family from being allowed to make negative comments, etc.
- The Celebration of Life Service may be viewed on our website using a private URL we will distribute, or on our Bright Star Church Chicago YouTube Page.
- You can make comments during the service on our website or on YouTube.
- The service will immediately be deleted after the service ends.
Anyone who disregards these simple requests that will help us to keep our staff safe and our church from following the City and State mandates will run the risk of causing the Home Going Service to abruptly be ended.
God bless you and please know that we are praying for you and your family. For those who need emotional support or trauma counseling, please call our Helpline at (833)TURN-123 or visit https://www.brightstarcommunityoutreach.com/traumacounseling.
“Doing What I Can; While I Can; With What I Have; Within HIS Will.”
– Pastor Chris Harris, Sr. (PCH)
PLEASE NOTE: Bright Star does not take calls about schedule. You must have the funeral home to call our office at (773) 741-1673 and ask for Khadijah Freeman, or (773) 741-4668 and ask for Devlon Parson.